Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Phaedre and Being Topless on Stage



That is correct. N2T announced auditions for Phaedre, director Damon Dearing's adaptation of the Greek play, and I will be going out for the part of Ismene who also doubles as Aphrodite. I auditioned for this play last year and would have gotten the part had I not been going to Vegas. Needless to say the lesson has been learned and I will have zero conflicts ever again.

Getting this part means being topless on stage. I am down with this because in this case it's art. It's not some gratuitous love scene or something sketchy: it's the Goddess of Love. I really like this part, as being the side kick is always more fun than the lead, and I would love the chance to be topless in a tasteful way on stage. I can also safely say that if I get cast the show will immediately sell out. I have a huge chest. You know you saw it coming.

I've got my sides and my audition date on the 10th all lined up. I am going to kill this part. I love the language and I am chomping at the bit to finally work with N2T. And to get to the gym to work out like a mofo.

No comments:

Post a Comment