Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ms. Banana's Broke-Ass Fund

That's right people. I'm broke.

I was laid off a month ago and am trying to squeak by on unemployment while looking for work. I find there aren't a lot of job listings for "Philosophers". There are jobs for actors but they typically don't pay. Damn me for majoring in the two subjects I hold most dear.

The things I love to do don't pay a lot of cash-money unless you become spectacular at them. Art, acting, writing, things entertainment and creativity related. I'm working towards them but have not yet reached mad cash making levels. Nor does working at a bookstore pay a lot, though it was my favorite job.

I'm compiling my artly goods for sale on the interwebs, as well as starting a new kick-ass blog on being kick-ass poor, shortly. In the meantime I gots mad bills to pay every month: rent, car insurance, braces, credit cards, and I have to keep my personal health insurance going because of my sweet, sweet eye disease. That is a lot of cash-money there, friends.

I don't feed on caviar but I do have champagne dreams. And with your kind help I can make them a reality. If you have extra cash-money lying around and would like to help a fellow struggling human, feel free to donate to my worthy cause by clicking the handy button below. It never hurts to ask.






No comments:

Post a Comment