Monday, May 18, 2009

Worth it?

There are auditions tonight and tomorrow for a play this summer called The Curious Savage that will only run for three shows. Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Two months of rehearsal for three shows. I don't know if I like the sound of that. It's frustrating to put in all that work for only three shows. It reminds me of college.

And the theatre is through a church. I have no problem with churches or people who go to them, I just don't want to be preached about converting or joining or any of that jazz. I'm not a religious person and it's not a religious play. I'm just not sure how it all sits with me. I don't know how comfortable I am in churches. I've never spent a lot of time in them and have only ever been to one church service.

I don't know how the whole thing is sitting with me. I ordered the play off Amazon and read it. I like it and there are two or three characters that could be fun to play. It's not like there is a lot of other theatre going on right now as the summer is starting to gear up, companies start gearing down. Mid summer I'll start working on the scripts for the fall theatre season.

It could be fun. I'm out of work right now and it's been a while since I've been on stage. And I may not even get cast. I'm a good actress but I'm not always right for the part. I'm a character actress and enjoy comedies. Drama is not my strong suit or what I really enjoy. These characters are funny and this play is a good one, though a bit dated. This theatre company looks like they do plays from the 50s, which this one is.

Auditioning is always a good thing. Keep yourself sharp, keep yourself on your toes, keep yourself in the game, keep yourself in front of people. It's a cold read audition which are always interesting. And, once again, the call backs are on a night I am supposed to go on a double date. Ain't that the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment