Saturday, August 8, 2009

And so it goes

It's 2:40 am but I don't want to go to bed.

So much going through my mind. When I think back about what I have to thank for my state of mind it all comes back to the drugs. Thank God for drugs. Sometimes you just need a little help. There's nothing wrong with that and fuck anyone who says otherwise. Fuck them and their poor, normal lives.

I've spent a lot of this week drunk. I didn't plan for it to be that way. It's just one of those weeks. Karaoke on Monday night turned into an unexpected drunkfest. I met a hot young thing at Last Exit and then a severly hot former lover walked in and flirted with me for an hour and then a hot possibly soon-to-be-lover walked in. When it rains it pours, and I've been living in a drought. My heart is aching for something just out of reach.

Tuesday was a "date" with the hot-young-thang. Little boys are still really into bar hopping. Why leave the bar we're already at? It's a brewry for chrissake. Jesus. He just knows nothing about anything and by anything I mean life and I don't feel like spending my time playing teacher.

Wednesday I spent with a former lover of mine drinking cerveza, enoying the pool, and watching some fantastic Showtime shows. Alas, this evening left me wanting. I think Thursday was a dry day and, funny enough, a day when I most needed a drink. Today found me at happy hour at Four Peaks with some good friends and some wicked strong beer on an empty stomach. Also cameos by both my ex boyfriends. Exactly. I spent the rest of the evening drinking my cousin Ryan's wine with Jodi and Jason and then capped off my night at Last Exit with a SoCo and Cran. I didn't want to leave the bar either but I had no right spending any money there at all. I just thought I would pop in and see what a Friday night is like there now that the ownership has changed. Yeah, not that good. Sometimes you just don't want the night to end. In my case it was not wanting to go back to my empty apartment I've been holed up in because it's too fucking hot to go outside.

I don't want to sleep until one but I have nothing to get up for. My room is a stye, my heart is bruised, and my wallet is empty. Ain't life grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment