Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Crafty Bitch

I almost lost my mind with creativity today.

OH the ideas!!

I already make fantastic scarves and Bracelet Purses and have them up at Scarving For Attention while I set up my Etsy site. Be sure to check 'em all out.



I'm knitting all summer and stockpiling so I can have a huge batch of awesome ready for sale come Fall. Lemme know if there's a color you're interested in and I will whip it up. More styles of Bracelet Purses on the horizon as well. It's madness!! The scarf below is Corinthian.



Tonight I picked up the bits and pieces to make my Tooth Fairy pillows! I had the greatest Tooh Fairy pillow growing up. It was dark green velvet and had a little pocket on the front, trimmed in lace, and it hung from a ribbon around my bedroom doorknob. I'm making new ones and they are going to rule! All the moms are going to want one for their kids.

So many more things I want to make...jewewlry, magnets, drinkware, aprons, coasters, drink koozies, wine glass charms. And that's just the tip of the creative iceberg. If I were a rich woman, or even an employed woman, I would rush out to Michaels or JoAnn's and snap up a bunch of supplies, but alas. I must wait. I did have my eye on the sewing machines at Walmart. I know, I know...Walmart. But when you're broke and unemployed you have to shop where you can save the most money and that, my friends, is Walmart. I could bust a sewing maching for under $100 there.

I would also love a dress form. I want to start modifying shirts and dresses and just go crazy with them. I have ideas in my head, I just need the tools to create them with.

I got so many ideas wandering around Stein Mart and Hallmark. If you're looking for inspiration I highly suggest a window shopping trip. Bring your notepad and a pen to jot down your ideas.

Enough chit chat. Time to get craftin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment