Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year?

And things were going so well.

I was laid off yesterday. Rad. I actually liked this job and the people and the company. So, of course, they had to decide it wasn't financially fesiable to keep me on. And now all those plans I had go on hold. Like buying new jeans, paying off debt, saving money, traveling... I can only hope that this doesn't go on for another seven months again.

This time I'm going to use my time differently. I don't want to go back down the depression road: sleeping all day, not sleeping at night, not being able to find the motivation to even get out of bed let alone do anything else.

I'm going to keep my gym membership and go every day. I'm going to clean my room and get rid of all the shit I've been holding on to for too long. Take books and CDs to Bookmans. Spend more time at the bookstores and visit more museums. In the past when I've been unemployed I would leave the house daily, usually to go to the bookstore. This is what kept me feeling normal and gave me a reason to get up and get dressed every day. I've got to keep myself to some kind of productive routine.

Also during this time I hope to find some kind of job I can do from home or that is art or theatre related. I know there are people out there who have these kinds of jobs I just need to find out what they are and how to get one for myself. I wish there was a huge need for scarves all of a sudden.

No comments:

Post a Comment