Friday, January 22, 2010

CAST, Bitches!!

That is CORRECT!

I have been cast in Phaedre with Nearly Naked Theatre! MotherFUCK YEAH! I worked long and hard on this mo and I have fuckin' jazzed to be in it!


Nike, Greek Goddess of Victory, and my namesake.

The initial audition went well and the director called me the night before callbacks to direct me over the phone on how to read the monologue I had done at auditions. Callbacks lasted three hours and I read at least five times. I knew it was down to me for either the part of Ismene/Aphrodite, the princess's best friend, and the goddess of love (who appears nude), and the part of Panope, the narrator. I was bestowed the gift of Panope and I am thrilled.

I love being a story teller and I really feel like I convey the imagery of Greece and how magnificent the characters are. I also feel like I'm in comand of the show as I get to open it, show up here and there throughout it, and probably close it, as narrators are want to do. I'll see the script on Sunday when rehearsals start.


And, in a first for me, I already have an audition date set up for 12th Night of The Living Dead with Stray Cat. It's going to be a lot of work to be actively working on a current production while working on a Shakespearean monologue for another. I'm glad I am unemployed at the moment so I can have the time to devote to this: the things that are actually important to me. There are only three chicks in that play and I hope I kick enough ass to get one of the parts.

Always working. That's where I would like to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment